Thursday, January 15, 2009

CHICAGO FIELD TRIP UPDATE!!!


I am so excited to finally announce that "YES! Fifth grade SPOTLIGHTERS are going to CHICAGO!" Since our big trip to Washington, DC didn't work out due to the high cost of the trip, we have decided that Chicago is our destination! I will send home a formal letter next week with all the details, but promised the students I would send something home this week. Here is the information I have at this time....
The dates for the trip are April 29 - May 1. We would leave Wednesday evening aboard the City of New Orleans train, arrive in Chicago Thursday morning, and depart Friday evening arriving Saturday a.m. The estimated cost for this trip is $400 for students and $470 for adults. This includes all transportation, hotel, breakfast and dinner, admissions to museums, and a certified tour guide. Payments will be taken in 4 installments, and fundraising options are being explored. There will be upgrade options available for the hotel and a sleeper car for the train.
Highlights of the trip include: Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium, Chicago Cubs game, Museum of Science and Industry, Federal Reserve Bank, Sears Tower Skydeck, and Chinatown.
When details are finalized next week, the official letter will go home regarding reservations. Since space is limited, reservations will be taken on a first come basis for one adult and one child. If all spots are not filled, I will open the additional spots to additional family members.
This blog will be great way for you to stay informed. Use it to ask questions or please use my personal email address jennklinger@gmail.com .

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I really hope i get to go to Chicago. You are the best!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi I am so excited to go to Chicago because I was born there and it is exciting to go on a train for the first time.

Anonymous said...

Hi I can't what until Chicago my mom already said she is coming so Mrs.Klinger you can sign her up.Thank you for leting us go to Chicago.You are the best.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Klinger! Can't wait until Chicago!!!

Becca

Anonymous said...

I am excited to go to Chicago because, I like to go to museums and aquariums. I can't wait to go. My mom says, she hopes she can get off of work. Thank you for having this field trip!

Mrs.K said...

I am SO happy to know that y'all are as excited about Chicago as I am! RJ, I had no idea you were born there! It will be so neat for you to go back and visit your hometown!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs.Klinger,
I really hope that I can go to Chocago and my family can pay for their own trip down there. See you tomorrow. :)
-Julia Anne Still

Anonymous said...

hi mrs.klinger my mom said that I might get to go but she will not be able to go

Anonymous said...

This trip sounds great, I know Gowynn is looking forward to it!

Jana Hunt

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs.Klinger!!
So sorry but we will not be able to attend the field trip.It sounds like fun though.

~Kristin and her family~

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs Klinger I have a question about the trip. Is there a precise date of when money is do?

Gowynn Hunt

Anonymous said...

I'm not really sure if I'm going to go.

Anonymous said...

I'm not able to go to Chicago.Instead we are going to Destin in March.

Anonymous said...

hey ms.klinger my mom said we might get to go

Anonymous said...

i cant wait to go see my grandma and vist the shed aquriam all my family was born there so if me and my dad go he will be able to know most every place he went to for his degrees.It really sounds like fun and ill probably go

Mrs.K said...

Gowynn,
We would have a small deposit due before the end of January to reserve spots on the trip. Then the trip would be divided into two payments. The first half would be due at the end of February, the second half would be due the end of March.

Anonymous said...

hello this is Pam and Aubrey, Louis' parents.We would like for Louis to go on the field trip,and are going to try to save up money for the cost of the trip.Hopefully one of us can accompany him.We'll let you know for sure soon,thanks.

parkerjordan said...

Hey,Mrs. Klinger, I won't be able to go to Chicago.I will be playing in Kingsport,Tennessee in a baseball tournament I can't miss.See ya tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Klinger, I'm so excited about Chicago! I'm not so sure if I'm going to Chicago yet but I really hope I get to.

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for you for your blog. We are still deciding if I will be able to go to Chicago.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for answering my question.

Gowynn Hunt

Anonymous said...

Hey!
My mom and I are still trying to talk Dad into letting us go to Chicago. Hopefully, we'll have him say yes, by this weekend!!!!!
Your blog is cool!!!
Lexie H

Mrs.K said...

RJ, Marissa, Becca, Georgie, Olivia, Gowynn, Amber, Louis,
I am happy that all of your parents are going to let you go! It is going to be so much fun!

DylanC - I'm so glad to see that your parents are still thinking about it! Thank you for posting!

Lexie, You and your mom keep working on your dad! Keep flashing those pretty smiles, and I am sure he won't be able to say no! :) Sorry, Mr. H!!

Kristin, Sarah, Julia Anne, Nadja, Parker J, Jamie, We will all be so sad if you can't go, but we will understand! Although, it won't be the same without you!

Anonymous said...

My mom isn't sure she is going to be able to get off that week so we are waiting for the rest of the details to make a decision.

Anonymous said...

Hi! The website was a great idea. Hunter is excited about the trip. He wanted to make sure you knew we were going.
Kim Finney

Mrs.K said...

Parker,
I will keep my fingers crossed that she can get those days off!

Hunter,
I am SO happy to hear that you and your mom are going! YAAY!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Klinger when do you plan to send home the additional information with the kids?

Mrs.K said...

Mrs. Lee,
I got the final itinerary and contract price Thursday. So, I will be sending home the information this week.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs. Klinger,
I am going on the trip but I don't know if one of my parents are going. I will tell yo as soon as I can if one of my parents are going and I will see you on Thursday.

YOU'RE THE BEST!!!

Megan M.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Klinger

Even though we weren't able to go on the D.C. trip I'm glad that you will still let us have a
S.P.O.T.L.G.H.T. field trip this year.
THANKS A LOT!!

Megan

Unknown said...

Hi Mrs. Klinger, my parents said that I get to go to Chicago and I am so excited about it. My dad and I are going but my mom can't because she will not be able to get off work.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Klinger,
Just wanted to let you know Lexie and I are going to Chicago...do we make the deposit checks payable to About Tours?
Mary Harrington

Mrs.K said...

Yes, Mrs. Harrington. I meant to make that note on the packet. The first deposit check is made payable to ABOUT TOURS.

Thanks for asking!!

Anonymous said...

Mrs Klinger,
Unfortunately Parker and I will not be able to attend Chicago this year.

Elizabeth Lee

Mrs.K said...

Mrs. Lee....I am SOOO saddened to hear!!

Right now we have 18 signed up...we still need 22 more people!!!!

Remember, ALL forms are due tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs.Klinger! I will be at school tomorrow so I will bring my form then!! Thanks!



Becca

Anonymous said...

Turns out we will get to go afterall.yipee...so bring on the fundraisers!!! Let me know if you need any help organizing.

Do you have any idea what time we will need to meet on Wed April 29th? Will we meet at the school or somewhere else? I will still have to work that day so I just want to make sure I request off to leave early if need be.

Mrs.K said...

Mrs. Lee, I am so excited!

I am going to ask Mr. Hunt to get us started on the Pampered Chef fundraiser right away!

Meanwhile, if you would like to coordinate a night a month or every two weeks at a restaurant let me know. I would like to go somewhere like Newk's or McAlisters, somewhere big enough where the kids could play chess and eat! The room at the OB McAlisters is great example!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Klinger,
I will try and get the fundraisers set up this week.

I am so excited for the kids. Is it official that we had enough sign up to go?

Can you post or email me the deposit information again.

thanks..

Mrs.K said...

YES! You and Parker made 39!!! We only needed 40 to get that rate, and I am sure it is close enough. I have a couple of teachers interested in going too!

Yes, I will post a new update about deposit information soon!

I am excited about the fundraising opportunities as well!

Thanks for your help with all of this!